Elster's World

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Slow But Steady

Nice to see that the mainstream media is finally picking up on what I mentioned months ago - that Jason Kidd was intentionally tanking his season to force a trade. Wow, thanks for playing guys, we have some nice parting gifts for you at the door.

This does have a nice karmic circle to it though. A few years ago Vince Carter (recently voted one of the 4 biggest underachievers in the NBA - nice) tanked his way out of Toronto and the Nets picked him up for 10 cents on the dollar. Now the Nets will have to trade Kidd for expiring contracts and another 10 cents on the dollar - then watch him lead some team deep in the playoffs. It actually sounds kinda fair - unless you are a Nets fan.

8 Comments:

  • "Nice to see that the mainstream media is finally picking up on what I mentioned months ago - that Jason Kidd was intentionally tanking his season to force a trade."

    I don't believe you ever mentioned this. Can you link to your mention.

    The Carter comparison is not really apt, because with a huge contract and at nearly 35, Kidd is not worth that much anyway. His defensive skills are not what they were even when he comes to play. Also, while the Carter trade was good for the Nets, it was not nearly as good as reputed to me, nor nearly as bad for Toronto as the media would indicate.

    By Blogger Joe Schick, at 9:54 AM  

  • I tried to find the link and could not - but we actually discussed it and you berated me. Perhaps it was in the comments to one of your posts? I really would like to find it.

    Also, Kidd's skills may have "eroded", but just you wait and see hw he does when shipped to a contender.

    By Blogger Elster, at 10:44 AM  

  • I tried to find the link and could not - but we actually discussed it and you berated me. Perhaps it was in the comments to one of your posts? I really would like to find it.

    Also, Kidd's skills may have "eroded", but just you wait and see hw he does when shipped to a contender.

    By Blogger Elster, at 10:44 AM  

  • I looked on my blog and yours and could not find any mention of you saying that Kidd is tanking the season. Perhaps you are confusing him with Marbury. In any event, he has been doing just that and the media has let him off the hook.

    By Blogger Joe Schick, at 10:46 AM  

  • It was Kidd - right after the infamous Migraine game.

    By Anonymous Elster, at 12:23 PM  

  • The migraine game was December 5.

    By Blogger Joe Schick, at 1:16 PM  

  • I'm looking and not finding - but I KNOw we had this conversation

    By Anonymous Elster, at 2:24 PM  

  • I don't think so.

    By Blogger Joe Schick, at 2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home