Elster's World

Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Knicks As Inspiration

The Knicks awful, soap opera like start have driven me to new levels of...I'm not exactly sure what. Is it pain? Anger? Disgust? Actually it's all of the above. And things aren't looking up with 2 more loseable games out west.

A long time ago a reader (whose name escapes me) wrote poem about the Yankees and one of their first round playoff defeats. Well, I have been inspired to do the same.

So, without further ado, I bring you Dysfunction - A Poem About the New York Knicks:

Dysfunction
It breeds disaster
We must fire Isiah
as soon as possible

Stephon
brings discord
and horrible defense
and weird religion
and a sex scandal
with him every night

Eddy
we fear for your heart
(and we aren't talking about the defect)
and your ability
to play with Zach
every night

Jamaal
your skills are otherworldly
why can't you
bring it every night?

Lee
your energy is contagious
your rebounding sublime
but you could not score 10 points a night in
an empty gym

Nate
I used to hate you
but you are growing
on me

Zach
you average a double-double every night
despite the fact
that you are overweight
please stay out
of nightclubs and
fast food restaurants

Q
when you were on Phoenix
you were good
what happened?

Renaldo
your hustle
your defense
your hair
why can't you shoot?


And Jim
you worst of them all
everyone hates you
sell the team.

What do you think kids? I think it's genius.

2 Comments:

  • I too was moved by the Knicks to compose a poem.


    waiting
    hoping
    wishing
    dreaming
    whatever it takes
    to win
    striving to be
    the best
    achieve greatness
    yet
    the ultimate
    reamains
    elusive

    unreal
    in denial
    disbelief
    can't be
    impossible
    how
    can this happen
    AGAIN

    distraught
    dejected
    let down
    frustrated
    angry
    disgusted
    another
    missed opportunity
    best yet
    painful

    blurry vision
    just need
    to knock
    some sense
    into...
    wake up
    do something
    you can't win
    by doing nothing
    show some emotion
    show you care
    show that
    it means something
    put up a fight

    can't pretend
    it didn't happen
    the world
    won't let me
    forget
    but
    give me
    some time
    back off
    let me lick
    my wounds
    let reality
    sink in

    obviously
    meant to be
    G-d wanted it
    but
    it doesn't mean
    I have to
    like it

    By Blogger Jewboy, at 11:37 PM  

  • Sounds familiar.....

    By Blogger Elster, at 1:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home