Elster's World

Monday, September 17, 2007

Monday, Bloody Sunday

Couple of additions to yesterday's column:

- I'm 12.5 points behind Lou the Toe, with only London Fletcher left. So I'm looking for a 10 tackle, one forced fumble and one sack kinda night from the backer. Otherwise, I'm toast. We all know that 0-2 fantasy teams never make the playoffs in the league I'm in. (Yes, I know there is no playoff system in our league, it was a joke.

- The more I think about the Belichick thing, the more I believe it's nothing new or surprising when we come to view the man he is. This is simply a case of a man who values winning above everything and anything else. He's already been divorced, he looks like he's spent the last 20 years in a Siberian gulag and he's famous for spending 27 hours a day living, eating and breathing football. So is it really surprising that he would stoop to spying on the other team?

Belichick puts to mind the kid in high school who has a 400 IQ, has five tutors and a 100 average, studies night and day for the Regent's exams but feels the need to try and buy them the night before the exam anyway. Did he need to steal signals to trounce the Jets on opening day? Of course not. But he did it anyway. Quite honestly, this might even be a worse offense.

Interesting point on Mike and Mike this morning - By Belicheck clamming up and refusing to talk about is he's putting his players, innocents in this case, directly in the spotlight - taking his heat. A total jerk move by an unadulterated jerk.

Reason number 1,000,000,986 why we should all hate Bill Belichick.

5 Comments:

  • I don't like Belichick but I wish my teams had a coach/manager so consumed with winning championship after championship.

    By Blogger Joe Schick, at 10:00 AM  

  • He's like Denis Rodman or Steve Avery - you hate them when they are on the opposing team but you want them on your ballclub. In this case, he happens to coach the hatred patriots and is not the HC of the NYJ.

    By Blogger Elster, at 10:11 AM  

  • Forgive my ignorance but who is Steve Avery?

    By Blogger Joe Schick, at 10:35 AM  

  • Sean's evil twin. and I'm sure you will sue this as further proof that i have no right to ever talk about hockey :)

    By Blogger Elster, at 10:52 AM  

  • I thought you meant Steve Avery, ex-Brave, but that made no sense.

    You know nothing about hockey and this is indeed further evidence of that.

    By Blogger Joe Schick, at 11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home