Elster's World

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Final Four

I write this in the euphoria of Georgetown's improbable comeback against the number one seeded North Carolina squad that had outplayed the Hoyas for most of the afternoon, only to succumb to a Jonathan Wallace three point shot which sent the game to overtime.

Despite a free throw disparity so wide one would have thought the NCAA had a vested interest in a Tar Heel victory, the Hoyas clawed their way back from a 10 point, late second half defecit to beat Carolina and make their first trip to the final four since the mid-80's.

Truly gutty performances from Hibbert (personal best 7 blocks despite playing the entire game in foul trouble) Green (22 point plus he dominated the boards while the Hoyas made their run) Dejuan Wagner (a Green in the making) and Wallace, who calmly hit the game tying three with under a minute to play - capping off a terrific comeback.

The Hoyas asserted themselves in the overtime period, immediately opening a 7 point lead that quickly sawelled to double digits, and the rout was on.

Not only did the Hoyas make the final four, but I scored 6 out of 8 in the Elite Eight and 4 for 4 in the final four in my bracket - putting me (I assume) in solid contention for my office NCAA pool.

So much more to write, but I'm way too giddy for coherent thought right now.....

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home