Elster's World

Monday, January 22, 2007

Where's Elster?

It's been very quiet here at Elster's World and with good reason. I'm pretty sure I am hanging up my guns and sending Elster's World to a well-deserved blog grave. I wasn't even going to post about it - certainly not until my decision was final - but a small number of people here and in emails have inquired as to my whereabouts so I thought I would at least post to let you know.

For the last few months I have been thinking about hanging it up. The urge to post is really not there and the small audience of regulars has heard pretty much all I have to say on the topics I normally post about. However, I don't want to be one of those people who retire for a month and come out of retirement, retire again 6 months later and so on. So before I officially post my retirement goodbye (assuming I decide to actually post a goodbye), I am in the process of giving myself enough time away to make sure the fire to continue this site doesn't come back.

So by all means, keep checking here and if you want to submit to Storytellers, the lines of communication are still open. But the future of this site is very much in doubt.

14 Comments:

  • By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:35 PM  

  • Too bad I won't get to read Elster during the Mets disappointing 2007 season.

    By Blogger Joe Schick, at 1:52 PM  

  • Et tu, Brute?

    By Blogger Jewboy, at 5:36 PM  

  • anon - no thanks

    Joe - Don't worry, you will still be able to rip me via email

    JB - So it appears. If you send me your email address, I will cc you on all the sports emails i send joe

    By Blogger Elster, at 9:33 AM  

  • Say it isn't so.

    By Blogger Jack's Shack, at 2:41 AM  

  • It may very well be so Jack

    By Blogger Elster, at 4:15 PM  

  • The suspense is killing me. What a cliffhanger!

    By Blogger Joe Schick, at 11:17 AM  

  • Elster, I wish I had something all insightful to tell you, but instead I'll just tell you that for those of us that do read you, you'll be missed. At least I'll miss you...Best of luck in whatever you choose.

    By Blogger Sara with NO H, at 11:03 PM  

  • Thanks Sara and as for Joe, I will NOT be rushed....

    By Blogger Elster, at 3:53 PM  

  • Take your time while you ensure that you have no desire to blog.

    By Blogger Joe Schick, at 3:38 PM  

  • All I can say is that you've been a big inspiration to me in starting my blog. Thanks for all the help. I found your musings very thought provoking.
    One can also write just for their own satisfaction, of course.
    Still, whatever you do, good luck.
    Larry (The Maggid)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:02 PM  

  • I hope it's not me, you close up shop a month after I find you?

    And are you coming Sunday morning? All the cool kids will be there!!!

    By Anonymous db, at 9:55 PM  

  • No it wasn't you -in fact I was HOPING you wouldn't think it was. As for Sunday - after strongly flirting with the idea, I must sadly decline. I am having my dad over to watch the Super Bowl on the NEW 47 INCH TV!!!!! I just bought and (just like the pre-game) I must start preparations early.

    By Blogger Elster, at 10:17 PM  

  • Now I know Elster will be back soon, blogging about the new TV.

    Elster's Dad is an excellent sports fan. I wish he would start a blog.

    By Blogger Joe Schick, at 11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home