Elster's World

Monday, November 20, 2006

The Ramblings Are (Mostly) All About Me

Yessir, the ramblings are back, in an all about Elster’s weekend addition.

- After suffering though just a terrible week, I finally was feeling better Friday. I took the day off because I had a 10:00 doctor appointment and it’s a short day anyway. Turns out I had a Strep infection in my sinuses (yes, you can get Strep in your sinuses!). Turns out that the crazy high doses of antibiotics I was taking (4,000 milligrams a day of Augmentin) were doing their magic. So I was out the medical office door at 10:15, feeling better and with a beautiful day staring me in the face.

I strolled Central Avenue (the happening block in my neighborhood), purchased a large coffee, bought myself a sweater (insert your own joke here), enjoyed the sunshine and just had a frak-tastic morning.

I got home around noon, changed into shorts and a t-shirt, and went running for half an hour (I promised the dr. I wouldn’t go to the gym until Sunday, but no one said anything about running outside). It was great. By the time I got back, my kids were getting home from school and I spent some quality time with them.

Overall, Friday was one of the better, more relaxing days I’ve had in some time.

- Saturday was Mrs. Elster’s birthday (age not to be revealed) and we had big plans. So after suffering through a Jets loss (summed up nicely by Joe – I really have nothing to add) we got all dolled up and headed to the city. We ate at our personal favorite, Le Marais (duck and veal pate to start, followed Tournedos, pomme frites and salad then chocolate mousse), and I dropped not one but two presents on her. A very good time was had by all.

- MOC is currently dropping a bomb on me this fantasy week. He’s up about 60 points with one game to go. I’m already chalking this one up as a loss. Oh and Joe, the Chad Johnson trade is off the table. You should have moved more aggressively.

- I know it sounds possibly heretical, but this really is a great time to be in the City. The Thanksgiving through New Year’s time really is, well, special. People are friendlier, the City is all dressed up, it’s just nicer. Work slows up – it’s easier to escape at earlier times (unless you are stuck on a big end of the year deal – which really sucks, I’ve been there). There are few times when New York actually softens, but this six week stretch is one of them. I’m looking forward to a short work week followed double turkey on Thanksgiving - followed by shuttling off my 2 older kids to my parents for Shabbos – leaving Mr’s Elster and I with a semi-relaxing Shabbos. We were even thinking of, dare I say it?, renting a movie Thursday night! Let the good times roll.

7 Comments:

  • I've always found Thanksgiving-Christmas to be very busy, and I think that's most people's experience. This is partly due to actual work, and partly due to pressure to get some late-year billables.

    By Blogger Joe Schick, at 6:10 PM  

  • Most years i'm slow - one year I was hellishly busy. Not everyone works with a billable hour Joe.

    By Blogger Elster, at 8:23 PM  

  • You two remind me of grumpy old men from time to time, but funny and cute to watch none-the-less.

    First off, happy birthday to Mrs Elster. Dare I ask what tournedos are?
    Secondly, I'm glad you're finally feeling better.
    Last but not least, you have to post what movie you end up renting. I'm desperate to find something good to rent. No new ideas out there?

    By Blogger Sara with NO H, at 7:27 AM  

  • Tournedos le Marais is the finest cut of meat - it's the closest thing us Jews can get to the illegal Gid Hanashe cut (i'm blanking on the name).

    As for movies - I'm a movie suggestion machine. Just let me know what you like....

    By Blogger Elster, at 9:27 AM  

  • I'm thinking of Fillet Mignon

    By Blogger Elster, at 9:59 AM  

  • FOr some reason my famoily doesn't eat veal. I think it's something about it being milk fed. But we're strange.

    By Blogger Sara with NO H, at 9:12 PM  

  • My name is Cindy Floyd and i would like to show you my personal experience with Augmentin.

    I suffered from Pseudofolliculitis behind my head for years and by chance I got Augmentin from Libya without any prescription. In Europe all the doctors that I consulted could not find solution for this problem so one day I just worked into a pharmacy in Libya and showed it to the Doctor in charge of the pharmacy who adviced me to take Augmentin. I was a bit hesitant but before my returning date (after 5 days) I noticed that all the bumps are drying. and now I'm very proud of my head.

    Side Effects :
    None…Miracle drug…

    I hope this information will be useful to others,
    Cindy Floyd

    By Anonymous Augmentin Side Effects, at 6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home