Elster's World

Monday, November 27, 2006

OUTED! Well, Sort Of

- So I was at a wedding today and a very good friend of mine came over to me. While we were catching up, he mentioned that he had somehow found out about Elster’s World. He had come across it and had started reading, then stopped. He wanted to know if it bothered me that he knew or if I didn’t want him to read it. I told him it was totally fine. That I never really wrote anything here I didn’t want people to see. I also told him I wasn’t one hundred percent sure why I was anonymous anyway (though he agreed it’s probably for the best – was that a veiled shot at my writing???).

So in summation, I was outed. And I don’t really care. My friend was concerned that since I knew he knew, it might change how I wrote things here. But it won’t. Again, I’m careful to never say anything here I wouldn’t say in “the real world”. So enjoy unnamed friend. And feel free to comment - I’m usually a little low in that department.

Oh and D – I recently made a decision to write less here and to concentrate more on my second book project. Please don’t think it has anything to do with you.

- Some quick hits on today’s game:

I actually accidentally heard the score on the way home from the wedding. While a little miffed at first, it was kinda nice to watch a game and not have to worry about the outcome being in doubt. Though in actuality, the outcome never was in doubt. The Texans stink. David Carr’s extremely high percentage rate is merely a by-product of the fact that he never throws the ball more than 4 or 5 yards downfield.

The defense looked like world beaters against a horrid Texans running game. Carr never really challenged the jets over the top. The net result was that Houston never was in a position to make a run until the game was already lost. Once again, though, Kerry Rhodes looked fantastic. I think he is morphing into one of the best safeties in the league.

Offensively, the Jets couldn’t run the ball against a bad defense, but Chad Pennington had a nice bounce back game, throwing for about 280. Coles and Cotchery each had over 100 yards receiving. They each made some big plays downfield.

Mike Nugent had his best game as a Jet. He went 4-4 on field goals, including a 54 yarder that looked like it would have been good from 60. He also made a nice tackle on a return that saved a big return. He still struggled to kick deep on kickoffs though he reached the end zone twice.

- Checking on my fantasy team…Well, I’m beating team TO 125 to 101.5. All of my players are in and he has three defensive players remaining. It will be another nail biter for Elster. If I lose this week, I’m probably out of contention. My decision to draft three Giants, which seemed so brilliant the first few weeks of the season, is coming part. Eli Manning is regressing faster than the aliens from War of the Worlds and Tiki Barber simply isn’t the same back since he announced his impending retirement. Alas.

So there you have it, outed in real life and a strong day for the Jets.

I’ll take it.

9 Comments:

  • I think you should out the person who leaked the existence of your blog. Such irresponsibility is intolerable.

    I am so upset about this outing that I am unable to respond to the portion of your post that relates to the Jets.

    By Blogger Joe Schick, at 10:17 PM  

  • YOU - YOU outed me!!!!!!

    By Blogger Elster, at 10:23 PM  

  • Whatever, old news. Don't you check your e-mail?

    By Blogger Joe Schick, at 10:24 PM  

  • lol

    By Blogger Lvnsm27, at 10:58 PM  

  • The Jets are stuck in a rut.

    By Blogger Jack's Shack, at 2:42 AM  

  • I skipped the sports, but I have to say that I have friends who know about my blog. I guess in my situation,it's a little different since I really don't write anything. I sort of like that they can open my page and see a little bit of a different side to me. At least it keeps me grounded and real. I've seen too many bloggers drift off into this total "fakeness" that just annoys me beyond compare.

    By Blogger Sara with NO H, at 7:22 AM  

  • Jack: If by "stuck in a rut" you mean 26-11 victories, I hope they remain in this rut.

    Elster: With the benefit of 4.5 hours of sleep, I am certain that I did not out you. Outting an anonymous blogger refers to identifying the real name of "Elster." Telling someone you know in real life that you have a blog may or may not have been good judgment, but it is not "outting" you.

    By Blogger Joe Schick, at 7:31 AM  

  • Joe - I liked the Mea Culpa in your email better.

    Oh by the way, my next post will be about the effects of potting plants indoors.

    By Blogger Elster, at 9:32 AM  

  • No shot at your writing - I hadn't read much yet, shots to come!

    I meant there are some crazies out there, & never can be too safe. Maybe one of the crazies likes the Pats.

    By Anonymous DB, at 9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home