Elster's World

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Response to Joe

Note: This will only make sense if you first read Joe's post this morning, ripping poor Elster to shreds in front of his millions of readers. His HaloScan comments are not working so I am forced to write my defense here. As you can see below, I have forgiven him for this outrage.

Although I guess I should be extremely offended by this post, I am way too amused.

Some cleanups, however - I do think that the Mets are hanging by a very loose thread, but I have not given up all hope. If the Mets can somehow defeat Chris Carpenter tonight, and it the bats can somehow wake up, I tink we will be seeing Aaron Heilman get the Game 7 start. I also think that if they Mets win tonight, they still have the upper hand in a game 7 - with a wild Shea crowd willing them to victory. All they have to do then is Just win tonight Baby.

Storytellers is not for my "purported female readership" - it's for anyone who wants to try something new. Perhaps Joe would be better served attempting this difficult forum instead of trashing it from the safety of his little blog home. (Though I do admit my blog has been very stale recently, I blame most of that I my recent lack of creative inspiration.)

I do admit that I have tried to watch some Rangers hockey and it's just not working for me this season so far. And the Knicks.... But, the Jets are 3-3 and perhaps looking at 8-8 or 9-7 in a rebuilding year so theres. always NFL football to carry me through the winter. Well, that and Joe's amazing posts of course.

Finally, I do not watch Desperate Housewives. It is imperative that you all know this.

And yes, come spring the Mets and their revamped pitching staff (Zito AND Schmidt? Why not, Mo Vaughn's contract is coming off the books after this season) the Mets will be looking like winners once again!

6 Comments:

  • Allow me to translate Elster's post into a poem:

    waiting
    hoping
    wishing
    dreaming
    whatever it takes
    to win
    striving to be
    the best
    achieve greatness
    yet
    the ultimate
    reamains
    elusive

    unreal
    in denial
    disbelief
    can't be
    impossible
    how
    can this happen
    AGAIN

    distraught
    dejected
    let down
    frustrated
    angry
    disgusted
    another
    missed opportunity
    best yet
    painful

    blurry vision
    just need
    to knock
    some sense
    into...
    wake up
    do something
    you can't win
    by doing nothing
    show some emotion
    show you care
    show that
    it means something
    put up a fight

    can't pretend
    it didn't happen
    the world
    won't let me
    forget
    but
    give me
    some time
    back off
    let me lick
    my wounds
    let reality
    sink in

    obviously
    meant to be
    G-d wanted it
    but
    it doesn't mean
    I have to
    like it

    By Blogger Joe Schick, at 11:17 AM  

  • Close....but not exactly right.

    By Blogger Elster, at 11:28 AM  

  • hhhmmmmm that looks awfully familiar ;-)

    Joe, if you would like some change in Storytellers then why don't you post a piece on sports fiction. I think that will be my next topic.

    By Blogger bellanny, at 9:23 AM  

  • Much like a feral beast in the wild, Joe prefers to attack that which he cannot understand rather than embrace it.

    By Blogger Elster, at 9:25 AM  

  • i had no idea that poetry was an infringement on the solely-male territory of sports, or that the two were mutually exclusive and poetry was inherently feminine; i was under the impression that writing is writing and creativity is creativity regardless of race, sex or preconceived notions.

    By Anonymous Lana, at 10:40 PM  

  • No - Joe never wroe that peom - Bellany did. You kinda missed the begining of the story.

    By Blogger Elster, at 10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home