Elster's World

Friday, October 13, 2006

One Down

My initial reaction after tonight's 2-0 Met victory over the cardinals is relief. What a tense game. You forget that the deeper you go into the playtoffs, the harder the competition is and the harder runs are to come by. Tom Glavine has really pitched like an ace so far - going 7 innings tonight and giving up no runs. Oh and HUGE home run by Beltran. We need about 8 more of those please.

I'm deeply concerned how the rest of the Met rotation will fare now that they can no longer count on 5 plus runs a game from the offense. Again, the Card rotation isn't really that deep either (does Jeff Suppan really scare anyone?) but Maine against Carpenter is a serious advantage Cards. And the Mets can't really afford to give up home field advantage.

Ok, I'm way hyped up right now. Good thing I am not going to work to orrow because I do not see too much sleep in my future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home