Elster's World

Saturday, October 28, 2006

New Storeytellers Post Is Up

UPDATE: For my thoughts on yesterday's Jet game as well as the performance of my fantasy team, go read Joe's post and the comments there. I have nothing else to add.

I have just put up my newest submission at Storytellers, entitled The Below.

After my last Storytellers submission, I was challenged to write something that didn't involve criminals, cops, thieves, hitmen or detectives. Well it took me forever and a day to come up with something that didn't involve criminals, cops, thieves, hitmen or detectives, but at last I did. And boy did I ever.

The Below is something completely different than anything I've ever written before. It was born from a line I thought of while in the shower - that Jesus was nothing more than a born-too-early hippie.

The results of this thought became the short story that snapped my out of the Thirteenth Level of Writing Hell - Writer's Block. Also., the Below quite possibly (if I can frame it out) may become my next book project. So, feel free to let me know what you think works, what doesn't work, etc.

2 Comments:

  • Glad you're back. Since I don't have patience to post in both places, I'll say I difinitely see a book in the makings. Kudos.

    By Blogger Sara with NO H, at 10:01 PM  

  • Thanks Sara - I seem to be getting solid early feedback - beyond the usual "nice jobs".

    By Blogger Elster, at 10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home