Elster's World

Friday, August 04, 2006

Audience Participation, Flip Floppers and More

- First order of business. I hate my home computer. Hate is a strong word, I know. But it totally fits in this case. I HATE MY COMPUTER. A Dell, it has been a sub-par purchase since day one. I have had to replace the hard drive twice (within the first week I owned it!!!), it’s unbearably slow, it lacks modern upgrades (it’s three years old) oh and did I mention it’s unbearably slow?

So I ask you computer gurus out there – and even you novices and technophobes. Do you have any suggestions for me for the new computer I will be purchasing within the next few months? Let me know if you are happy with what you have, strengths, weaknesses and, of course, price. You can add it in the comment box or use the email in my Profile. I would really appreciate anyone getting me in the right direction.

Oh and yes, I know – nothing beats a Mac. But I don’t think I have the cojones for such a move so….

- Some Storytellers news: Jack’s weeklong run is almost at an end. I will be putting up a new submission Sunday. Programming note. Sara from Trophy was supposed to get the honors this week but has informed me that her masterpiece will not be ready in time so we are giving her a week’s extension and replacing her with writing master ….Elster. Yes, that’s right fans, I will be going one week early and I’m pretty happy with what I did for Storytellers. I was going for comedy, you will all let me know if I succeeded.

- Joe wrote an very interesting piece for his blog today re: Ehud Olmert and his claims that Hezbollah has been dismantled. There are about 300 Katushas which disagree with Mr. Olmert. You should all check it out.

- Just hours after Tisha B’av was complete, something happened which lead me to a spiritual realization. It came to me with stunning clarity: After watching the Mets bullpen melt down against the Marlins I realized - The loss of Duaner Sanchez was a devastating blow to the Mets. Aaron Heilman is lost out there, walking too many batters and working too hard to finish people off. He has two pitches and that doesn’t seem to be enough in his case. And Roberto Hernandez? Please. I still think it’s safe to print those world series tickets, but I strongly doubt that a series against the Red/White Sox, Yankees or Tigers will go more than 5 games.

- I’m really stoked for this weekend,. Perhaps because the Three Weeks, Nine Days and Tisha B’av are finally over. I can listen to music again. That makes me happy. I’m so easy. Also, I traditionally take off a couple of days in August for some serious family time in Sesame Place – where you can basically get on about three rides over the course of the day because the freaking lines are so damn long.. Good times abound.

4 Comments:

  • I changed my mind. Mac is in play.

    By Blogger Elster, at 2:49 PM  

  • There a saying among IT folks: "no one ever got fired for buying IBM"...I tend to agree. I use an IBM Thinkpad X40. Very happy. Very relaible. Sure, they're called Lenovo now. They still get my thumbs up.

    Hope you're having a good weekend, E.

    Loved all your recent posts - even if I was too self-centered to actually comment on them.

    By Blogger Dayli, at 8:03 AM  

  • Thanks D, though if I'm not mistaken, Thiunkpads are laptops. I am interested in a home computer. Any NEW suggestions?

    By Blogger Elster, at 10:23 PM  

  • Excellent, love it! » » »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home