Elster's World

Friday, July 21, 2006

Friday House Cleaning

End of the week cleanup:

- I am very encouraged by the (so far very) positive response to Storytellers - (Link to right). Thanks to all of you who have responded either in the affirmative or in the “maybe, sounds like a great idea” camp. So far, no one (who I have solicited directly) has said no.

Leading off for Storytellers will be my onetime accomplice over at Travel Mates Scraps. She should be getting something to me in about a week. Sara has volunteered to go third. If anyone wants that number 2 slot, let me know. If not, I’ll take it. UPDATE: I have offered spot number 2 to someone so it may be taken.

In the meantime, I will probably put up an initial post on Storytellers with some legal mumbo jumbo about the management (read, me) not being responsible for people copying what you put up there.

- Quote of the Day:

“We are a terrifically forgiving country, in part because we have such a low standard of morality.” – Faye Vincent, former commissioner of Baseball, responding to a question from the New York Times as to whether the public would have forgiven Barry Bonds had he admitted to using steroids back in 2003.

Forget the context and focus on the line. How sad is that? How sad, but how sadly true? We have witnessed (what I believe to be, anyway) an unprecedented decline in morality in the last forty or so years; both here in the United States and abroad. You can see it in the modes of dress, in the way people talk and act, in the sins that people openly commit. I have no plans on jumping on a soapbox, but the quote really struck me.

- Speaking of unprecedented, I am finishing off an unprecedented two-week run at work where I have done virtually nothing. It’s been great.

Perhaps more later, I’m not sure.

2 Comments:

  • Updating my own post:

    First 4 storyteller slots are filled.

    - Scraps
    - Jack (Shack)
    - Sara (Trophy)
    - Elster

    All others wide opwn

    By Blogger Elster, at 1:55 PM  

  • Maids2Clean can do cowbridge cleaning for you, cowbridge cleaning

    By Blogger luana, at 6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home