Elster's World

Friday, June 30, 2006

A Lawyer's Life For Me

Reason number 4,523 why I hate my job:

I worked until 4:00 am this morning - and needed to be back in the City early for a big closing conference call. As a suburbanite, my to and fro commute was too long to make it worthwhile to go home for a few precious hours in my own bed. So after crashing on a partner's couch for two hours, I put on tallis and tefillin in my office and mumbled some prayers. Positively awe inspiring, let me tell you.

Incidentally, this is my 150th post at Elster's World. A small accomplishment to some, perhaps a larger accomplishment for me. When I started this blog, I had no idea of it's direction. Now, 150 posts later, I am happy with where it is. Which is to say, despite the fact that it still lacks direction, I'm liking it.

The Red Sox sweep of my beloved Mets, while sad, is no reason to get down. The Mets are in the midst of a fantastic season and there are always bumps in the road. Bellany and I are going head to head this weekend.

I'm tired, I need a shower and I want to go home. Let the FOUR DAY WEEKEND begin.

4 Comments:

  • Congratulations. Enjoy the long weekend and the great baseball to come :-)There's a first time for everything (sweep).

    By Blogger bellanny, at 11:17 AM  

  • The Mets share your apathy and are therefore playing like crap.

    As for your job, here's reason one why Elster stays at his job:

    It pays for Elster's mortgage; Elster's vacations; Elster's children's tuition; Elster's baby's crip, diapers and formula; and even an occasional Elster family dinner.

    But if you really hate it, get the heck out. Life is to short to waste on something you hate.

    By Blogger Joe Schick, at 11:47 AM  

  • Dude, you're going to scare me away from being a lawyer.

    By Blogger Jewboy, at 11:47 AM  

  • Bel - thanks

    Joe - as you are well aware, I am having major difficukty formulating my exit strategy BECAUSE of those financial considerations. In theory i agree with you 100%.

    JB - Sorry man - that's what it is

    By Blogger Elster, at 12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home