Elster's World

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Saturday Night Live

Some quick Saturday night musings:

- We sent the kiddies away for the weekend. I woke up this morning at 8:25. Honestly, I can't remember the last time I woke up that late. Suffice it to say, it was a long time ago.

Twas a very relaxing shabbos. We slept late (see above), went to friends for lunch, and then sat outside for two hours in the afternoon. Good times.

- Weird Met game tonight. it was alternatively uplifting and disturbing. First they get a big lead. Then they give it away. Then their 2 best middle relievers choke. Then DeLuca bails them out with a homerun and Wagner shuts the door in the bottom of the ninth after another crappy play by David Wright put a runner on base. No way they win this game last year, no way.

- It's too bad the Knicks suck as badly as they do or perhaps I would be more into what is shaping up to be a fantastic NBA playoffs. Many an exciting first round series were played and we are seeing the emergence of the next great superstar in Lebron James. And again, it cannot be stressed enough how important it is to have a white player with floppy hair playing such a prominent role in the league. This cannot be overstated.

- With Mother's Day less than an hour away, I have covered all bases. Flowers? Check. Card? Check. Kids away? Check. Oh wait, that's for me. Even so. I like Mother's Day. Moms all over the land definitely deserve their own day. Or even a whole month. "Mother is the name of G-d on the lips of small children." I actually heard that in a movie (The Crow). I don't know if it was quoted from a "real" place or not, but it still strikes me as a truism.

Wow, I really have nothing to say tonight. My creativity is bone dry. That's the reason why I'm writing. I don't like to be unable to do it, so I will do it when I don't feel I can. If that makes sense to you.

1 Comments:

  • You celebrate a mother's day by kicking her kids out?
    You sure know how to read a woman's mind.

    By Blogger Tomboy, at 10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home