Elster's World

Monday, April 03, 2006

This One's a 10 Out Of 10 On The Freaky Scale

So last night I was talking to my wife on a staircase in our split level home when all of a sudden, we hear a disembodied voice coming from somewhere. Mrs. Elster reaches into her bag (sitting on the bottom of the step) and curiously pulls out her cell phone. From it comes the following words, spoken in a little girl's voice:

"X run to Imma. X run to Imma."

Here's freaky part A: X just happened to be my son's name. And Imma is what our children call my wife. Coincidence? I should think not.

Here's freaky part B: The phone never rang and we didn't pick it up. It's a flip phone that was never unflipped.

My wife said "That's not Y's (my daughter's) voice." - As though THAT would have been a normal thing to hear. Then I went to check on the kids (both fast asleep).

When we opened up the phone, it showed a call from an unknown number and didn't allow us to dial a callback.

I'm still getting the chills thinking about it now. I'm sure there is a logical explanation. I wracked my brain. I got nothing. If anyone does, PLEASE don't keep it to yourselves.

4 Comments:

  • If a phone is on speaker mode, you will hear someone talk if the prior caller never hung up.
    Calls from Israel, generally come in as unknown.
    There are lot's of Immas there and some x's.

    By Blogger judah h, at 1:52 PM  

  • No call had been made from that phone for hourse and it was not on speaker. But thanks

    By Blogger Elster, at 2:59 PM  

  • Whatever it is, at least it adds a new twist to a list of plots you must have somewhere.

    By Blogger Tomboy, at 4:25 PM  

  • cant write abt this - it freaks me out

    By Blogger Elster, at 4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home