Elster's World

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Elster's World is Proud To Announce...

As my (very few) regulars know, awhile back I stumbled across a fledgling blog called Traditional Tomfoolery (http://tamponella.blogspot.com/). I was hooked not so much by the story being told (though the story was quite good) but rather by the extremely talented trio of writers who were posting on it. Here were three relatively young women who could actually, gasp!, write.

Needless to say, when the blog shut down in October of ’05, I was quite upset. Luckily, it was nothing that three months in an insane asylum couldn’t take care of.

Having finished the traditional five-month blog mourning process recommended by Traditional Tomfoolery Anonymous, I saw that one of the original members, Tomboy (http://www.blogger.com/profile/11585410), had re-opened the blog. I was ecstatic. With my list of must-read blogs shrinking rapidly, it was nice to see one phoenix from the literary ashes.

I initially contacted Tomboy just to let her know I was happy to see her blog back. After some thought, I was struck with an idea. I suggested a collaboration and dove for cover. She was nice enough to not only not laugh in my face but humor me and agree to give it a shot. Her game attempt at sounding flattered was a nice touch.

The result of some late night back and forth is Travel Mates (http://matestravel.blogspot.com/), a fictional account of two strangers who win a contest. The first post will be going up in a few days (or maybe today if work permits).

What will come of this collaboration? No one knows. At worst it will be so horrendous, the very foundations of the Earth shall be rent asunder and we shall all perish in the fiery pits of the underworld. At best, it will be loads of fun to write and maybe even a good yarn for you to enjoy. Either way, fasten your seatbelts.

Elster.

1 Comments:

  • Let's rocknroll, El!

    Err, hello, I am flattered. I was never approached favorably by a lawyer!

    By Blogger Tomboy, at 5:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home