Elster's World

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Post 101

I cannot believe I missed it but apparently my previous post, Sweet 16, was the 100th post at Elster's World. I'm not sure if this is particularly large accomplishment for some of my fellow bloggers (Joe and Jack, this means you) but for me it is.

I have been posting since May, 2005 which is, give or take, 10 months (minus one month, June 2005, where I didn't post). So on average I've been cranking out 10 posts a month. Looking back in some self-analysis, Elster's World is uneven at best.

When I started back in May or 2005, I had no idea what I wanted to use this space for. Ten months later, I haven't found any direction. Is this a blog about sports? Television? Random literature? Nonsense? I'd say it's about all of the above and none of the above.

(At the end of the day, I believe that this is the reason I can't really hold a large viewership, despite the fact that I write well and I have an easy to read style about me (just being honest). You read Jack to hear what is on his mind. You read Joe to hear about Israel, the Jets and the Jews. You read McAryeh to see what is going on in his life. You go to Jameel to find out about life in the Promised Land. But why does anyone come here? If you want incoherent ramblings, you can turn on your own computer and vent.)

But at the end of the end of the day, this is perfect for Elster. Why? Because it's me. I write only what is on my mind and never what I think others want to hear (as evidenced by my 2,000 word treatise on Battlestar Galactica - one of my favorite posts of all time to write - even though it killed an entire Sunday afternoon and brought about the ire of Mrs. Elster). It could be a three paragraph story about a sudden rain in the park (Story Time Part II, August, 2005), my top movies of all time (July, 2005) a story about a jewel thief (in two parts, January, 2006) or Fear's Ugly Face (December, 2005). They are all about me. Who I am. What I want to say. For those of you who want continuity, try somewhere else. Like prison.

So there is it. Post 100 (or 101 as the case may be). An accomplishment for someone who, in May of 2005, wasn't sure if he would ever find his voice.

Now, what the Hell will I write about for the next 10 months?

3 Comments:

  • I always wondered why a blog actually has to have a topic or be about something. I think a blog space is meant just for own expression and feelings. I think I like the idea of having my blog be just a mess of different rants, feelings and topics.

    By Blogger Eshet Chayil, at 8:47 AM  

  • Apparantly I do too. SO there you go...

    By Blogger Elster, at 9:35 AM  

  • You should always write for yourself first.

    By Blogger Jack's Shack, at 12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home