Elster's World

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Out With The Bad Air...

Since it was communicated to me that my last post sucked (no sugarcoating from Joe), I decided to move it off the front end and to post something less offensive in its place.

Today is a very slow day in the office. 2 major conference calls have been pushed to tomorrow and I just finished a 72 page lease review (the fun never ends, trust me). So I have been sifting through blogs and just generally wasting time. Usually when I'm bored, I want to write. I feel it is less of a waste of time than internet surfing and a lot more creative (though in my case, that's arguable).

Since my blog is considered a "personal blog", I guess I should tell you all something personal. Since the end of the second week of the Pnuemonia! (I'm still coughing a ton and I'm totally congested and it's almost two months later - I'm averaging at least 25-30 tissues a day) I had been hungry all the time. I blamed it on the combination of the antibiotics I was taking and the fact that I didn't eat much at first. Well, when you hit your thirties, the combination of eating too much and being unable to exercise (I was very, very weak for almost 6 weeks) wreaks havoc on the old waistline.

Well, I gained more weight than I even want to think about. And with a family trip to Florida looming in less than three weeks, I decided that it's time to reverse the slide.

So, oh what a riot, Elster's on a diet. And what I diet it is. Once cup of joe in the morning with skim, I'm eating Balance protein bars for breakfast and lunch (combined, 400 calories), drinking only water, and a (too) sensible dinner. Combined calorie intake, somewhere pretty well south of 1,500.

Yesterday was Day 1 and it went swimingly. Today, so far so good. Yes, I am very hungry, but it's all for the greater good. I don't want to be that guy with the big stomach my whole life. And yes, I know I cannot live like this forever, this is merely a kickstart (for a week or 2, not including Shabbos).

Yes, this was inane, but at least it got that sucky Jets post off the board, right?

8 Comments:

  • Is it really because you were sick or was it chanukah? I'm using both as an excuse.

    By Blogger Eshet Chayil, at 12:08 AM  

  • good luck!!!!!

    and stay away from the cholent!

    By Blogger bec, at 1:39 AM  

  • Hi i want to know any sex in your office

    By Blogger Datingmaster, Jerusalem, at 4:14 AM  

  • EC - Chanukah certainly didn't help,m but think the blame rests on me.

    Bec - mmmm cholent. Don't you know there's no dieting on shabbos?

    dj - If you would like to comment here, feel free, but please try and keep it within the thread.

    By Blogger Elster, at 9:13 AM  

  • Could be avian flu....

    By Blogger Chabad Chammer, at 5:14 PM  

  • HMMMM CC, Avian Bird Flu. Never thought of that. Is there a test for that? Like a strep test?

    By Blogger Elster, at 5:28 PM  

  • 25-30 tissues isn't too bad...Ah, the dreaded thirties spread is upon you - when once pencil thin people with high metabolisms have to watch what they eat. That sucks.

    My weight seems to stick around the same 5 pound range for about 7 years before going up and staying constant for another 7. I'd like to keep it where it is.

    By Blogger MC Aryeh, at 3:26 AM  

  • Before you get too envious of my situation, I have never been what you would describe as pencil thin.

    By Blogger Elster, at 9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home