Elster's World

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

They Carry News That Must Get Through

Or in this case, I carry news I'd like to share with you all. What news? you ask. Ah, I say. Tis good tidings that I bring. For me anyway.

It seems as though Mrs. Elster is with child. Yes, Elster's having a baby!! I told you it was good news.

As the proud father of a five years old girl (Birthday bowling party this Sunday morning - sorry I can't get y'all on the guest list, there will be pizza, cake and apple juice) and a two and a half year old boy (or "three in July" as he would say if you asked him), you'd think this would be old hat to me. But it never gets old. I remember my wife telling me on the phone that she thought she was pregnant (after all, 4 twenty dollar pregnany tests can't all be wrong, right?). The feelings that welled up inside me were indescribable.

Another soul brought into the world, another chance to raise someone who may turn out to be a wonderful, torah jew. (Another chance to crank out someone to support me in my old age)

I try to keep even keel about the whole thing. After all there's a loooong way to go until the big day (early June). There's acid reflux, sciatica, achy-ness, weird cravings (yesterday's was apricots) and doctor's appointments. And that's just me. Just kidding.

But as the days pass, the excitement grows. Another girl? A boy? Who cares, so long as the little tyke is healthy. I have said that since my wife was pregnant with number one and I will stick to that as long as the babies keep coming. I can live without having a starting basketball team full of boys. Girls are cool too (at least until they start dating - then I'm gonna go get me the biggest shotgun around and take to sitting on a rocking chair on my porch and make threatening looks at everyone).

So yea. This was for me as much as for you. I want to shout it out from the rooftops. We are pregnant! Life will change - for the better - once again. And I can't wait....

15 Comments:

  • B'sha'ah Tova! Yay! Great news to hear just as it is about to go into nighttime. We could use a few more like Elster in the world...may it be a healthy and easy pregnancy and may you only know joy along the way...

    Really great news, my blog friend.

    By Blogger MC Aryeh, at 4:12 PM  

  • mazel tov

    By Blogger Lvnsm27, at 7:22 PM  

  • Awww! Mazal Tov. Sometimes I really can't wait to be a wife and a mommy.

    By Blogger Eshet Chayil, at 10:13 PM  

  • Good Lord!!! I spelled the word "porch" wrong. Someone just shoot me now....

    By Blogger Elster, at 11:27 PM  

  • *bang*

    By Blogger Eshet Chayil, at 8:50 AM  

  • B'shaah Tova!

    By Blogger Joe Schick, at 11:19 AM  

  • It never does get old. Beshaah tovah umutzlachat!

    By Blogger ClooJew, at 7:29 PM  

  • Wonderful news! B'shaah tovah! Enjoy....

    By Blogger R.x, at 4:20 AM  

  • guess who's back? back again? hello friend, sorry it has been way too long since i have visited your blog. I wish to say mazal tov t you and yours, or rather a b'shah tovah. i also want to thank you for sharing the good news and giving me proof that i'm not as selfish as i think I am and can be truy happy for someone else.

    i have a lot of entries to catch up on so more comments to follow.

    TT

    By Blogger The Real Neo, at 4:33 AM  

  • Thanks all for the well wishes. You will be happy to see I have fixed the word porch.

    Cloo - No, it never does.

    Joe - Thanks (and the check is in the mail)

    TT - Welcome back. It HAS been way too long.

    By Blogger Elster, at 9:39 AM  

  • Wonderful news indeed :)) B'shah Tova!

    Besides for the neat tidings, your post was absolutely hilarious too! I could just picture you going through those lifecycles... especially that gun-toting "no you can't have my daughter" scene.

    By Blogger turquoiseblue, at 12:48 PM  

  • B'shaah tova from someone who has been way too wrapped up in herself lately.

    By Blogger AnySara, at 7:22 PM  

  • Sara:

    Your happiness is my happiness

    By Blogger Elster, at 7:59 PM  

  • Oh my...B'SHAAH TOVAH! I get lazy reading blogs and you go off and write about expecting a child! Oh my...wow. I can say "that's wonderful," but I'm sure you know. :) So again, mazal tov and b'shaah tovah and best wishes to your wife. :)

    By Blogger BrownsvilleGirl, at 9:53 PM  

  • The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

    Thanks

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home