Elster's World

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Pnuemonia!!!

The dreaded disease. I have it. Have had it for a week and a half. It sucks. Fever, coughing, weakness, back pain. It's a plethora of feelin' crappy goodness.

It's also the reason I have not written in a while. Heck, I've only been able to sit at a desk for the last few days.

Quick story. I'm working from home yesterday and I get a message to call a partner, who proceeds to scream at me for five minutes about me being out. A couple of real quotes.

"I can't deal with your pnuemonia". Well, neither can I.

"What's the firm's policy on pnuemonia?" The firm has a policy on pnuemonia? Like snow days?

"Are you going on short-term disability?" No, that's what people with little or no work ethic do when they get phoney back injuries. I've been working my tail off at home instead of resting.

When he finds out I don't need to do the stuff he needed done "Oh. Well, feel better. When are you coming back? Oh, tomorrow? That's great." Oh yeah? Well eff you you short, miserable bastard. I hope you rot in hell.

So here I am back at work after less than a full business week. How do I feel about it? crappy. I'm leaving soon and working short tomorrow. Then taking off Friday. If anyone doesn't like it, they can short term disability my ass.

6 Comments:

  • Wow, that sucks. Feel better. I had pnuemonia who I was 10 - don't rush back, regardless of work demands.

    By Blogger Joe Schick, at 4:18 PM  

  • AW!

    Refuah shelaymah!

    I had walking pnuemonia once...but that's really nothing in comparison, I hear. :)

    Um...my verification is "wetix" what the...?

    By Blogger BrownsvilleGirl, at 6:11 PM  

  • I always wondered about sick days. I get 10 paid a year. So if I am lucky enough to catch a cold, I can stay home. But otherwise I show up. And it's use 'em or lose 'em. Not much incentive their to "stay healthy." Maybe I'll get sick if I travel to Florida for a few days in December...

    By Blogger Josh, at 10:11 PM  

  • I really feel for you Elster. It's bad enough being sick, but then having to deal with a short, miserable bastard of a boss on top of it...sucks big time.

    By Blogger MC Aryeh, at 9:03 AM  

  • I have many miserable bastards as bosses. This is the one who happened to piss me off that day.

    By Blogger Elster, at 2:52 PM  

  • omigoodness!!!
    first of all, refuah shelayma.
    secondly, might i suggest coughing in the general direction of the next person who belittles you & your illness? it's only a suggestion...but it might be highly effective!

    By Blogger bec, at 9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home