Elster's World

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Fun with SiteMeter

Random thoughts for a Wednesday. Note that I just lost an entire post so this is a crappy re-creation of what I wrote about half an hour ago.

- So I was checking out my sitemeter to see how people come to my site. This is especially fun to do if you get a ton of random visitors from random places (which, alas, I do not...). So one of my viewers came to my site from the following Google search: "I hate being a lawyer". Funny, so do I.

Anyway, you can't make this stuff up.

- Knicks begin their regular season tonight in Boston. Truth be told, I have not really followed them much the last few years, mostly because they suck. This year's team doesn't look like it will be a whole lot better.

The backcourt consists of shoot first, undersized guards who cannot pass or set up others. "Star"bury and crawford also can't pay defense.

The frontcourt is a mess too. Their three is undersized, their power forward is 37 and couldn't score on an eight foot basket in an empty gym and their centers are (i) a rookie, (ii) an overpaid stiff (erome James) and (iii) can die at any minute from his bad ticker. What a trainwreck. Again, you can't make this stuff up.

On the plus side, larry Brown's track record is amazing. If anyone can coax wins out of a bad team, it's Larry. But trying to get this team to "play the right way"? Good luck with that.

- Im a little over a thousand words in my quest to write a 50,000 word book by the end of the month. The thing is, I think I may stop. I simply don't have the time. If I do this, it means staying up really late every night and also means putting my quest to get my "real" book published on hold for a month. On top of that I've already written a book so I don't feel as though I have anythig to prove. So there. So it looks like I've crapped out on Day 2.

- I'm swamped at work. Swamped. Yet, I cannot focus at all this week. With the holidays, it's been a month since I've put in three days in a row at the office. So I feel lethargic and tired. Alas.

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home