Elster's World

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Oh, The Places You SHOULD Go

Tonight's quick thoughts:

The more I blog, the more I read other people's blogs. Blogging can be very reciprocal in nature; show me yours and I'll show you mine, if you will. I have stumbled across many a blog on my travels. Some are very good and very well read (with dozens of comments to prove it) and some are crappy and very well read (which leaves me scratching my head but heck, you simply cannot account for taste). Then there are those which are excellent reads, yet they remain about as barren and unspoiled as the Sahara in high summer season.

So, it falls upon ol' Elster to help put y'all on the right track. "Whoa", you say. "Who cares which blogs you like Elster? We all want to read what we want to read," you say. Well, you are all certainly right. Confusing, dear reader, but correct nontheless. But hey this is my blog and I can say anything I want, right?

Still, without further ado, Elsters top 2 Blogs That No One Is Reading But Should Be:

http://awhisperingsoul.blogspot.com/ - McAryeh's blog is funny, clever, insightful and, most importantly, well written. He is offbeat, intelligent and he has a lot to say about a wide variety of different topics. Go through his archives and I can almost guaranty you'll find something you will like.

http://tamponella.blogspot.com/: The ladies (girls? Women? I dunno) of Traditional Tomfoolery kick some serious blog arse. You have read all the blah blah blah seminary accounts, now read the one that rocks. Even more amazing, three girls in their (I think) low twenties who can flat out tell a story. That is MUCH rare-er than you think. Kudos. Not to mention the deliciously clever out-of-sequence method. And so you know, I'm not just a satisfied reader, I'm the un-official president of the TT fanclub. Ok, I made that last part up but still.

(Oh and one more thing: read TT in reverse order or you will be confused as hell. Actually, you might be confused as hell either way.)

So get on those links (I hope they work) and hit some awsome blogs. You will all thank me later. And if not, it can't be worse than the crud you just read, right?

14 Comments:

  • Thanks for the links. I enjoyed both blogs immensely and added them to my blog list.
    And to make sure your blog is not left barren either - I'm commenting here for your reciprocal pleasure. ...

    By Blogger Dayli, at 9:47 AM  

  • Well, I received, and deleted, my first spam comment. I feel so cheap and easy.

    By Blogger Elster, at 1:12 PM  

  • Elster: Can you get to the Jets, please?

    Do you think the run blocking and pass protection are sufficient? Do we have enough in the secondary, particularly at safety? Does Curtis have another 1697 yard season in him? Will we actually throw to wide receivers? Do we even care if John Abraham comes back? Can we convince Herm to stay home on game day, or at least leave for the 4th quarter? Is Chad going to return to his '02 form now that Coles is back? Will we miss Jason Ferguson or revert to the '03 problems of stopping the run? Is Chrebet going to be a valuable possession receiver now that Hackett is gone? Is Nugent the real deal? Will we be smart and keep Ben Graham instead of another mediocre punter?

    I await your responses.

    By Blogger Joe Schick, at 5:15 PM  

  • Joe:

    Nothing will give me greater pleasure than unveiling Elster's 2005 Guide to the New York Jets. Alas, it would help if I could eyeball some pre-season action first. These Friday night games are killing me. Lousy anti-semites. Whatever happened to Saturday night football in the pre-season?

    By Blogger Elster, at 5:24 PM  

  • Well, there's a Thursday night game, but not until September 1.

    But I think your response is a bit of a cop-out. You don't learn much from exhibition games, except perhaps about rookies and special teams. When the '92 Jets went 5-0 in the pre-season with Browning Nagle (only to go 4-12 in the regular season0, did you get very excited and buy Super Bowl tickets?

    BTW, are you a season ticket holder?

    By Blogger Joe Schick, at 5:58 PM  

  • 2 points:

    1. I was in Israel for the Browning Nagel Experience.

    2. I am working on it and will finalize next week. It will be my opus - 10,000 loving words. Or maybe less, but still...

    By Blogger Elster, at 6:09 PM  

  • Oh - I'm a former season ticket holder - Between playing Sunday mornings and going sunday afternoons - It almost got me divorced. chose playing and watching TV over getting the kids every other weekend.

    By Blogger Elster, at 6:10 PM  

  • wow, i found mcAryeh before, but the second link was great! I appreciate the passing of your bloggin wisdom, and ill add em to my favorites.
    Thanks, cant wait for your next post!

    By Blogger Manny, at 8:53 PM  

  • You say that now Manny, but y'all better be a Jet fan if you want to mean it...

    By Blogger Elster, at 9:24 PM  

  • You gave up season tickets and you call yourself a Jets fan? The only time I agreed to miss a game was the day of my son's bris (week 15 vs. Seattle last season) and I was thinking how much I'd sacrificed for my family.

    By Blogger Joe Schick, at 9:27 PM  

  • I never miss agame. And to be honest, i enjoy football more on tv (Don't hit me!!!)

    By Blogger Elster, at 9:44 PM  

  • By "miss a game" I meant that I didn't go to Giants Stadium, not, G-d forbid, that I didn't watch it. My son was born the day of the Pittsburgh regular season game last year. Shortly before kickoff with my wife still in the recovery room, I demanded that the nurses transfer her immediately to her room. Alas, the abysmal performance that day was an unfortunate introduction to my son of the life of a Jets fan.

    I actually agree that football is best on TV, but I still have to be there. The torture of a Jets collapse is not complete unless it is followed by a lonely walk out of Giants Stadium and long delays in the parking lot.

    By Blogger Joe Schick, at 9:56 PM  

  • Truth be told, it's better if i don't go. The Jets record at games I've attended is abysmal. Actually, abysmal would be a good thing. It's downright apocalyptic.

    By Blogger Elster, at 9:59 PM  

  • Thanks for the shoutout, Elster. Looking forward to your 10,000 word Jets opus post...

    By Blogger MC Aryeh, at 12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home