Elster's World

Thursday, July 21, 2005

ARGH!!

Wow - The Blogosphere is a tough place to get noticed. You can't just wear a multi-colored shirt, jump up and down and say "look at me" alot.

Either people know about your blog (few), people stumble onto it (non so far) or you read and comment on other people's blogs, thus advertizing your own blog (not so much, just a couple).

I feel as though I have a lot to say, both in general and to specific people. The good news is that I'll probably keep saying it anyway. I have always found writing very therapeutic. As with my (as of yet, FINGERS CROSSED) unpublished book and fifty pages of sequal, I obviously don't need much of an audience.

So what to say? After three monmths (including a silent June) I still have no idea what my blog is about. It may never be about anything more than whatever pops into my head at a given time. I'm pretty sure I'm cool with that too. Clearly, as of now no one else will be objecting too much either.

But hey, if you ARE reading this, give a shout out. Feedback (positive or negative) is always appreciated. No one wants to be completely alone in the blogosphere. And in the meantime, I'll keep churning out my stuff. Maybe my readers are just a silent majority.

Later....

6 Comments:

  • I'm happy to, lulei demistafina, be the first commenter on your blog.

    Keep up the posts--it's enough to do it just for yourself. That others are reading is a secondary source of encouragement.

    I'm happy that the NHL is back. Can't wait to see dem flyers on ice again!

    By Blogger ClooJew, at 2:07 PM  

  • Tahnks for the shout out. As a Ranger fan, I guess I'm not supposed to like you. But right now, I probably like the Rangers a whole lot less.

    By Blogger Elster, at 2:20 PM  

  • Hey!! No need to fret! Keep it interesting, and people will notice!!

    Try my interview game on my blog , it is loads of fun and people love it!!

    Peace!
    NJ from NJ

    By Blogger fsgsf, at 7:13 PM  

  • I am not sure myself why I blog, it really doesn't interest me that much how many people check mine out.

    It just gives me a chance to laugh at my 'writings' but whatever your reason for having a blog, I am sure people will check it out.

    By Blogger The real me, at 10:49 PM  

  • keep on bloggin'!
    the reason i blog is so that i can do a bit of free writing everyday. that way, i feel as if i've accomplished something literary even if i haven't worked on any of my more serious writing projects. it also gives me the opportunity to comment on things that would never actually come up in my own writing. to me, it's like journaling. when i was in college, a professor told me that "people who keep private journals really do want others to read them, otherwise, why would they bother writing them?" how true that is, i don't know, but i like the relative anonymity of the blogger universe while knowing i can still get feedback.
    good luck in your blogging!

    By Blogger bec, at 6:49 PM  

  • I have to agree with Bec and have made the same note before.
    I may take time to get noticed, but dont let that cramp your style.
    Keep on bloging!

    By Blogger Karl, at 11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home