Elster's World

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Story Of My Life

Forgive me for I have sinned.

It has been too long since my last blog posting. An eternity for all of you out there straining to hear my voice. So sorry.

But my inactivity here is a perfect microcosm of my life. I have to act on momentum or things fall to the wayside.

Exhibit A: The Job. Was going to quit in December. Decided to wait it out untill I had a better "escape plan" in effect. Inertia struck. Got into a fight with my boss in March. Decided to quit. Decided to get fired instead. Found out I am not going to get fired (in this case, the worst news). And, shock of shocks, inertia has set in again. Wash, rinse, repeat. Blah.

As my Labor Day Weekend derailed in a flaming trainwreck of sick kids and sick wife, I was thinking abut this. When I woke up this morning with the usual cold band of fear sqeezing my heart, I thought of it again. Why am I still here? What do I think is going to happen if I do nothing? Wait, I know the answer to that last one: NOTHING.

I consider myself a pretty smart guy, but I am as thick headed as they come. Perhaps I need a heavenly voice???

Happier (I hope) post to follow.....

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home